TCanvas constructor segmentation fault

Hi,

I’m running ROOT 5.28/00a on an iMac (2.8 GHz intel Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM) running OSX 10.6.6 and I’m consistently getting a segmentation fault in the TCanvas constructor. After configuring with --build=debug and recompiling I obtain the more detailed stack trace which I have attached.

I also tried to use the svn trunk version with the same result. I have a feeling this might be to do with X11, for which I use XQuartz instead of the default OSX X11 implementation. Could this be the problem?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Hugh
stack_trace.txt (10 KB)

Hi,

yes this is the problem. Try running with the standard MacOS X X11 and it should work.

Cheers, Fons.

Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Is the _Xreply() function part of ROOT or X11?

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

Hugh

Do you have Fink or MacPorts X11 client libs around? That might be a problem too.

Cheers, Fons.

Indeed it was a MacPorts installation. In fact there are no problems using XQuartz instead of the default X11.app.

Many thanks for your help.

Hugh

Hi,

I think i am experiencing some similar problems with the TCanvas constructor with a similar config :
Mac OS X 10.6.7
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB
ROOT 5.28/00
XQuartz 2.3.6

Unfortunately, I do not managed to understand where you get the solution of your problem.
You are talking about MacPorts installation… installation of Root via MacPorts ? Which libs are you talking about ? XQuartz ?

Could you detailed the whole thing a little bit more?

Thanks in advanced.

Arbel