Curious log in in ROOT [SOLVED]

Hi,
I find this problem in my root account.
If I try to login from the main portal root.cern.ch (clicking on user login), then my username/passwd is not accepted.
Differently, if I click on the link I receive from email, when I receive a post for example in a forum, then I log in and automatically can write in the forum (this can be due to keychains, since I’m using macosx). They look like two different ways of entering root.cern.ch.
Have you any idea why this happens? I also tried to reset the password of course, so I know this is correct. I’m using Safari 7.1.

Cheers,
francesca

May be your keychains stored an incorrect password for root.cern.ch ?

Hi, it is the other way round! My keychain stores the correct password (and I login), while in the login page I cannot login writing it explicitly.
francesca

ah ok … weird… may be the password you type is not the same stored in your keychain ? and the one you type is not valid whereas the one in keychain is ?

I’ve changed the password, and this is what is happening:

• clicking the link from the email drives me to a login page, I write the new password and I login (ok)
  • if I click on the main portal root.cern.ch->Login (user login) I cannot login with the new password (and no other password). Is this the correct way to login to the portal?
    So it’s happening the thing that I told you…
    f

Sometimes the password change needs a bit of time to be effective. Try again tomorrow may be ? … otherwise I do not really know what to do …

Hi,
is the root User login the same as the RootTalk login? I’ve doubts whether I’m a root User, while I’m a RootTalk user for sure.
(PS: I changed the password in the RootTalk user, maybe it’s not the same password for root User!)

Cheers,
f

Solved by checking directly on user’s laptop.