The release notes for this release can be found here
Installations in AFS and CVMFS
Standalone installations with minimal external dependencies are available at:
/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.28/x86_64-slc6-gcc47-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.28/x86_64-slc6-gcc48-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.28/x86_64-mac109-clang60-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.28/x86_64-mac1010-clang60-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.28/x86_64-cc7-gcc48-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.28/x86_64-cc7-gcc49-opt
Versions for many different platforms and compilers are available at: /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.28
To use ROOT directly from AFS:
. /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/gcc/4.8/x86_64-slc6-gcc48-opt/setup.sh . /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.28/x86_64-slc6-gcc48-opt/root/bin/thisroot.sh
Direct Git repository access
The entire ROOT source can be obtained from our public Git repository:
git clone http://root.cern.ch/git/root.git
The release specific tag can be obtained using:
cd root git tag -l git checkout -b v5-34-28 v5-34-28
Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/2000 are supported. We offer two packaging types:
- exe: a regular Windows installer package also setting up the required environment variables. With uninstall via "Control Panel" / "Add or Remove Programs". Simply download and start, or open directly. You can double-click ROOT to start it, ROOT files get registered with Windows.
- tar: the traditional variant. Unpack e.g. with 7zip. Start ROOT in a Microsoft Visual Studio Prompt (in Start / Programs / Microsoft Visual Studio / Tools). If you installed ROOT to C:\root then call C:\root\bin\thisroot.bat before using ROOT to set up required environment variables.
Important installation notes
- You must download the binary built with the exact same version of Visual Studio than the one installed on your system.
- Do not untar in a directory with a name containing blank characters.
- Take the release version if performance matters.
- If you want to debug your code you need the ROOT debug build (you cannot mix release / debug builds due to a Microsoft restriction).