Bug fix release.
The release notes for this release can be found here. The fixed/completed list of JIRA tickets are:
- [ROOT-3234] - make install fails when configured with afs
- [ROOT-4352] - Some compilation errors in /net/auth/src/TAFS.cxx
- [ROOT-4399] - TString::Tokenize() with subsequent delimiters
- [ROOT-6923] - Memory leak with circular TTree
- [ROOT-7689] - Crash in TGaxis::PaintAxis() in certain cases when using time format
- [ROOT-7693] - configure builds libSQLite, but TSQLServer needs libRSQLite.
- [ROOT-7703] - TNetXNGFileStager::Locate does not give same answer as TXNetFileStager::Locate
- [ROOT-7742] - a bug in thisroot.sh (ROOT env setup) for bash
- [ROOT-7756] - AliEve (based on TEveManager) crashes on El Capitan
- [ROOT-7758] - Configuration of 32 bit build is wrong on 64 bit systems
- [ROOT-7766] - SetTimeDisplay is set to false when SetLogy is enabled
- [ROOT-7809] - TWebFile infinite loop for 301 redirects without Location
- [ROOT-8021] - PaintLine not correctly drawn if out of pad
- [ROOT-8031] - TTree auto (read) cache setup during Fill
- [ROOT-8032] - minimal/gminimal use CACHE FORCE OFF on core build features
- [ROOT-8045] - Shipped libpng is outdated, has multiple security issues
- [ROOT-8055] - File corruption after TTree deletion
- [ROOT-8070] - Problem linking ROOT libs with cmake on windows
- [ROOT-8076] - ROOT5 series fails to build (with C++11 enabled) on OS X 10.11.4 and Xcode 7.3
- [ROOT-7667] - Getter for polylines in TEveTrackPropagator
- [ROOT-7776] - Integrate GSL 2.0 in ROOT
Installations in AFS and CVMFS
Standalone installations with minimal external dependencies are available at:
/afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.36/x86_64-centos7-gcc48-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.36/x86_64-centos7-gcc49-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.36/x86_64-slc6-gcc48-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.36/x86_64-slc6-gcc49-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.36/x86_64-mac109-clang60-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.36/x86_64-mac1010-clang70-opt /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.36/x86_64-mac1011-clang70-opt
Example for setting up ROOT and the corresponding compiler from AFS
. /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/gcc/4.9/x86_64-slc6-gcc49-opt/setup.sh . /afs/cern.ch/sw/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/5.34.36/x86_64-slc6-gcc49-opt/root/bin/thisroot.sh
The entire ROOT source can be obtained from our public Git repository:
git clone http://root.cern.ch/git/root.git
The release specific tag can be obtained using:
cd root git checkout -b v5-34-36 v5-34-36
Windows 7/Vista/XP/NT/2000 are supported. We offer two packaging types:
- exe: a regular Windows installer package also setting up the required environment variables. With uninstall via "Control Panel" / "Add or Remove Programs". Simply download and start, or open directly. You can double-click ROOT to start it, ROOT files get registered with Windows.
- tar: the traditional variant. Unpack e.g. with 7zip. Start ROOT in a Microsoft Visual Studio Prompt (in Start / Programs / Microsoft Visual Studio / Tools). If you installed ROOT to C:\root then call C:\root\bin\thisroot.bat before using ROOT to set up required environment variables.
Important installation notes
- You must download the binary built with the exact same version of Visual Studio than the one installed on your system.
- Do not untar in a directory with a name containing blank characters.
- Take the release version if performance matters.
- If you want to debug your code you need the ROOT debug build (you cannot mix release / debug builds due to a Microsoft restriction).