Root 6.06.06 doesn't compile using .L hello.C++

Hi All,

I just installed ROOT 6.06.06 on Mac OS 10.11.6 using Xcode 7.3.1. I installed this from source using git and I also tried using hombrew.

When I compile a simple hello.cpp macro:

#include <iostream>

void hello()
{
    std::cout << "hello" << std::endl;
}

I get the following error:

root [0] .L hello.cpp++
Info in <TMacOSXSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/./hello_cpp.so
clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Library/Application'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'Support/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib'
Error in <ACLiC>: Compilation failed!

It appears that the space in the directory “Application Support” is throwing something off for clang. Has anyone seen this issue and know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

could you remove the homebrew version and compile the root sources from scratch? Do you encounter errors during the compilation process?

Cheers,
Danilo

Ok, I uninstalled from homebrew. Then I did a fresh install from scratch. I used the following steps:

git clone [root.cern.ch/git/root.git](http://root.cern.ch/git/root.git) 6.06.06
cd 6.06.06
git checkout -b v6-06-06 v6-06-06
./configure --with-clang --enable-roofit --enable-python --enable-cxx14 --enable-pgsql --with-pgsql-incdir=$(brew --prefix postgresql)/include --with-pgsql-libdir=$(brew --prefix postgresql)/lib

The compilation completes successfully. Then I try to run my macro:

root [0] .L hello.cpp++
Info in <TMacOSXSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/./hello_cpp.so
clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Library/Application'
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'Support/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib'

This is the first time I’ve tried to use ROOT6 on OSX 10.11.6 and Xcode 7.3.1. It seems that the space in the path is the issue. This file indeed exists:
[rykelley@bos-1tferrei-lt temp]$ ll /Library/Application\ Support/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root admin 491K Jul 19 13:43 /Library/Application Support/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib

Any thoughts?

-Ryan

Hi Ryan,

thanks for taking the time to recompile ROOT. It looks like something wrong with the space indeed. Would you be able to set gDebug to 6 and attach the output as well as the *_ACLiC_map.in and *_ACLiC_map.out that will be left after the attempt of building the library?

Cheers,
Danilo

Here is the output trying to compile:

.L hello.cpp++g
Info in TMacOSXSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/./hello_cpp.so
Info in : echo > “/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp.d"
Info in : /usr/local/root/6.06.06/bin/rmkdepend “-f/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp.d” -o_cpp.so “-p.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/” -Y – “-I/usr/local/root/6.06.06/include” -I$ROOTSYS/include -I”/usr/local/root/6.06.06/etc" -I"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/include" -I"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1" -I"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/etc/cling" -I"/Users/rykelley/Downloads/6.06.06" -I"/Users/rykelley/Downloads/6.06.06/" -I"/Users/rykelley/temp/graf2d/freetype/src/freetype-2.6.1/include" -DNDEBUG – “/Users/rykelley/temp/./hello.cpp” “-t.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/./hello_cpp.so” > /dev/null 2>&1
Info in : echo .rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/./hello_cpp.so: /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/RVersion.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/RConfig.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TClass.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TDictAttributeMap.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TInterpreter.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TROOT.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TBuffer.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TMemberInspector.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TError.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/RtypesImp.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TIsAProxy.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TFileMergeInfo.h /usr/local/root/6.06.06/include/TCollectionProxyInfo.h >> “/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp.d"
Info in TMacOSXSystem::ACLiC: looking for header in: /Users/rykelley/temp/.:/Users/rykelley/temp:.::$ROOTSYS/include:”/usr/local/root/6.06.06/etc":"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/include":"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1":"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/etc/cling":"/Users/rykelley/Downloads/6.06.06":"/Users/rykelley/Downloads/6.06.06/":“graf2d/freetype/src/freetype-2.6.1/include”:
Info in : creating the dictionary files
Info in : /usr/local/root/6.06.06/bin/rootcling -v0 “–lib-list-prefix=/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_map” -f “/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_dict.cxx” -c -p -I$ROOTSYS/include -I"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/etc" -I"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/include" -I"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1" -I"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/etc/cling" -I"/Users/rykelley/Downloads/6.06.06" -I"/Users/rykelley/Downloads/6.06.06/" -I"graf2d/freetype/src/freetype-2.6.1/include" -D__ACLIC__ “/Users/rykelley/temp/./hello.cpp” "/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_linkdef.h"
Info in TROOT::InitSystem: running with gDebug = 6
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Trying to autoload for HepMC::GenVertex
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC::GenVertex)
TClass::GetClass: Header Parsing - The representation of HepMC::GenVertex was not found in the type system. A lookup in the interpreter is about to be tried: this can cause parsing. This can be avoided selecting HepMC::GenVertex in the linkdef/selection file.
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Trying to autoload for HepMC
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC)
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Trying to autoload for HepMC::GenVertex
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC::GenVertex)
TEnum::GetEnum: Header Parsing - The enumerator HepMC::GenVertex is not known to the typesystem: an interpreter lookup will be performed. This can imply parsing of headers. This can be avoided selecting the numerator in the linkdef/selection file.
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC)
TClass::GetClass: Header Parsing - The representation of HepMC was not found in the type system. A lookup in the interpreter is about to be tried: this can cause parsing. This can be avoided selecting HepMC in the linkdef/selection file.
TEnum::GetEnum: Header Parsing - The enumerator HepMC is not known to the typesystem: an interpreter lookup will be performed. This can imply parsing of headers. This can be avoided selecting the numerator in the linkdef/selection file.
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Trying to autoload for HepMC::GenParticle
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC::GenParticle)
TClass::GetClass: Header Parsing - The representation of HepMC::GenParticle was not found in the type system. A lookup in the interpreter is about to be tried: this can cause parsing. This can be avoided selecting HepMC::GenParticle in the linkdef/selection file.
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Trying to autoload for HepMC::GenParticle
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC::GenParticle)
TEnum::GetEnum: Header Parsing - The enumerator HepMC::GenParticle is not known to the typesystem: an interpreter lookup will be performed. This can imply parsing of headers. This can be avoided selecting the numerator in the linkdef/selection file.
TClass::GetClass: Header Parsing - The representation of HepMC was not found in the type system. A lookup in the interpreter is about to be tried: this can cause parsing. This can be avoided selecting HepMC in the linkdef/selection file.
TEnum::GetEnum: Header Parsing - The enumerator HepMC is not known to the typesystem: an interpreter lookup will be performed. This can imply parsing of headers. This can be avoided selecting the numerator in the linkdef/selection file.
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Trying to autoload for HepMC::Flow
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC::Flow)
TClass::GetClass: Header Parsing - The representation of HepMC::Flow was not found in the type system. A lookup in the interpreter is about to be tried: this can cause parsing. This can be avoided selecting HepMC::Flow in the linkdef/selection file.
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Trying to autoload for HepMC::Flow
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC::Flow)
TEnum::GetEnum: Header Parsing - The enumerator HepMC::Flow is not known to the typesystem: an interpreter lookup will be performed. This can imply parsing of headers. This can be avoided selecting the numerator in the linkdef/selection file.
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Trying to autoload for HepMC::GenEvent
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC::GenEvent)
TClass::GetClass: Header Parsing - The representation of HepMC::GenEvent was not found in the type system. A lookup in the interpreter is about to be tried: this can cause parsing. This can be avoided selecting HepMC::GenEvent in the linkdef/selection file.
Info in TInterpreter::TCling::AutoLoad: Explicitly disabled (the class name is HepMC::GenEvent)
TEnum::GetEnum: Header Parsing - The enumerator HepMC::GenEvent is not known to the typesystem: an interpreter lookup will be performed. This can imply parsing of headers. This can be avoided selecting the numerator in the linkdef/selection file.
TKey Writing 262 bytes at address 100 for ID= /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_dict_rdict.pcm Title=
TKey Writing 96 bytes at address 362 for ID= __ProtoClasses Title= An array of objects
TKey Writing 92 bytes at address 458 for ID= __Typedefs Title= An array of objects
TKey Writing 89 bytes at address 550 for ID= __Enums Title= An array of objects
TKey Writing 77 bytes at address 639 for ID= AncestorPCMNames Title= object title
TKey Writing 396 bytes at address 716 for ID= /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_dict_rdict.pcm Title=
TKey Writing 127 bytes at address 1112 for ID= /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_dict_rdict.pcm Title=
Info in TFile::~TFile: dtor called for /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_dict_rdict.pcm [7fff52d09fe0]
Info in TDirectoryFile::~TDirectoryFile: dtor called for /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_dict_rdict.pcm
Info in TDirectory::~TDirectory: dtor called for /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_dict_rdict.pcm
Info in : compiling the dictionary and script files
Info in : cd “/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp” ; clang++ -c -g -m64 -std=c++1y -stdlib=libc++ -pipe -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fno-common -pthread -I$ROOTSYS/include -I"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/etc" -I"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/include" -I"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1" -I"/usr/local/root/6.06.06/etc/cling" -I"/Users/rykelley/Downloads/6.06.06" -I"/Users/rykelley/Downloads/6.06.06/" -I"/Users/rykelley/temp/graf2d/freetype/src/freetype-2.6.1/include" -D__ACLIC
“/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_dict.cxx” ; clang++ “/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_dict.o” -dynamiclib -single_module -Wl,-dead_strip_dylibs -O2 -DNDEBUG -m64 -mmacosx-version-min=10.11 -stdlib=libc++ -Wl,-rpath,@loader_path/…/lib /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libCore.so /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRint.so /Library/Application Support/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib /usr/local/opt/xz/lib/liblzma.5.dylib /usr/local/opt/pcre/lib/libpcre.1.dylib /usr/lib/libScreenReader.dylib /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib /usr/lib/libarchive.2.dylib /usr/lib/libenergytrace.dylib /usr/lib/libxar.1.dylib /usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib /usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib /usr/lib/liblzma.5.dylib /usr/lib/libmecabra.dylib /usr/lib/libcompression.dylib /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib /usr/lib/libheimdal-asn1.dylib /usr/lib/libmarisa.dylib /usr/lib/libChineseTokenizer.dylib /usr/lib/libcmph.dylib /usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib /usr/lib/libFosl_dynamic.dylib /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libCling.so /usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRIO.so /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libThread.so /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libMathCore.so /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGraf.so /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libHist.so /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libMatrix.so -o "/Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/./hello_cpp.so"
clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Library/Application’
clang: error: no such file or directory: 'Support/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib’
Error in : Compilation failed!

[rykelley@REM-1rykelley-m temp]$ cat /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_map.in
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/.rootmap
/Users/rykelley/.rootmap
.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libASImage.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libASImageGui.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libBonjour.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libcomplexDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libdequeDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libEG.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libEve.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libFFTW.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libFitPanel.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libFoam.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libforward_listDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libFumili.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGCocoa.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGed.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGenetic.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGenVector.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGenVector32.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGeom.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGeomBuilder.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGeomPainter.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGpad.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGQuartz.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGraf.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGraf3d.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGui.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGuiBld.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGuiHtml.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libGviz3d.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libHbook.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libHist.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libHistFactory.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libHistPainter.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libHtml.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libKrb5Auth.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/liblistDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libmap2Dict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libmapDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libMathCore.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libMathMore.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libMatrix.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libMemStat.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libMinuit.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libMLP.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libmultimap2Dict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libmultimapDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libMultiProc.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libmultisetDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libNet.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libPgSQL.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libPhysics.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libPostscript.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libProof.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libProofBench.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libProofDraw.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libProofPlayer.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libPyROOT.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libQuadp.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRecorder.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRGL.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRint.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRIO.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRLDAP.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRMySQL.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRooFit.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRooFitCore.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRooStats.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRootAuth.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRSQLite.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libSessionViewer.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libsetDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libSmatrix.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libSmatrix32.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libSpectrum.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libSpectrumPainter.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libSPlot.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libSQLIO.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libThread.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libTMVA.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libTMVAGui.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libTree.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libTreePlayer.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libTreeViewer.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libunordered_mapDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libunordered_multimapDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libunordered_multisetDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libunordered_setDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libvalarrayDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libvectorDict.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libVMC.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libXMLIO.rootmap
/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libXMLParser.rootmap

[rykelley@REM-1rykelley-m temp]$ cat /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/hello_cpp_ACLiC_map.out
libRIO.so

Now the list of classes

Hi Ryan,

I see where the issue occours

[...] @loader_path/../lib /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libCore.so /usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRint.so /Library/Application Support/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib [...]

I’ll have to fix that upstream.

Cheers,
Danilo

Hi,

a ticket in our bug tracker was opened and resolved: sft.its.cern.ch/jira/browse/ROOT-8332
I propose to follow the issue there.

Cheers,
Danilo

Hi

I tried your changes and I think a comma or some sort of separator is missing:

root [0] .L hello.cpp++
clang: error: no such file or directory: '/Library/ApplicationSupport/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib/usr/lib/libz.1.dylib/usr/local/opt/xz/lib/liblzma.5.dylib/usr/local/opt/pcre/lib/libpcre.1.dylib/usr/lib/libScreenReader.dylib/usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib/usr/lib/libarchive.2.dylib/usr/lib/libenergytrace.dylib/usr/lib/libxar.1.dylib/usr/lib/libsqlite3.dylib/usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib/usr/lib/liblzma.5.dylib/usr/lib/libmecabra.dylib/usr/lib/libcompression.dylib/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib/usr/lib/libheimdal-asn1.dylib/usr/lib/libmarisa.dylib/usr/lib/libChineseTokenizer.dylib/usr/lib/libcmph.dylib/usr/lib/libxslt.1.dylib/usr/lib/libFosl_dynamic.dylib/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libCling.so /usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRIO.so'

Please advise,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

could you try this hash (ee6992) and see if it works for you ?

D

Hi,

I tried that hash and it the macro still didn’t compile. Looks like there is an extra space at the end.

[rykelley@rem-1bszymko-lt temp]$  root
root [0] .L hello.cpp++
clang: error: no such file or directory: '/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRint.so/Library/Application Support/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib '

-Ryan

Hi Ryan,

thanks for the feedback: commit 30bcfc should settle the issue.

Danilo

Still broken:

ykelley@bos-1vmekala-lt temp]$ root
root [0] .L hello.cpp++
Info in TMacOSXSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /Users/rykelley/temp/.rootbuild//Users/rykelley/temp/./hello_cpp.so
clang: error: no such file or directory: '/usr/local/root/6.06.06/lib/libRint.so/Library/Application Support/Cylance/Desktop/CyMemDef.dylib’
Error in : Compilation failed!

See how the two libs are concatenated…

Have you tried a test on your end?
-Ryan

Hi Ryan,

yes, my test is your list of libraries. I believe the algorithm should work now. The change is a0eacc.

Cheers,
D

yes! It’s working now:

root [0] .L hello.cpp++
root [1] hello()
hello

Thanks for all your help.

-Ryan

Hi Ryan,

thanks for your perseverance!

Cheers,
D

3 posts were split to a new topic: ROOT 5 to 6 scripting issue

A post was merged into an existing topic: ROOT 5 to 6 scripting issue