Dictionary generation problem with gsl and boost headers

Greetings,

I want to generate a dictionary for [attachment=2]RooModelPdf.h[/attachment].

rootcint -f myDict.cxx -c (HEPfitINC) (Boost_inc) (GSL_INC) (ROOTINC) -p RooModelPdf.h LinkDef.h

leads to [attachment=1]rootcint_errors.txt[/attachment]. How can this be resolved? It seems cint is trying to parse over all the header files in (HEPfitINC), is this really necessary? Or is there a way to skip the headers in (Boost_inc) $(GSL_INC)? Or am I missing it all, the dictionary generation procedure?

Thanks,
Shehu
LinkDef.h (322 Bytes)
rootcint_errors.txt (298 KB)
RooModelPdf.h (2.57 KB)

Hi,

Note that this kind of problems are solved in v6 (by using cling instead of cint).

Indeed CINT does not support the kind of C++ using in boost header and thus they must be hidden from CINT. For example with #ifndef __CINT__ #include "boost/headerfile.h" #else // if really needed forward declare some of the content of the boost header using in this class namespace boost { class Something; } #endif

Cheers,
Philippe.

Thanks Philippe. I’d rather move to ROOT v6. For the thing I am trying to construct I have to take out the MultiNest plugin in rootdev.git’s roostats-5.34 and use it with ROOT v6: https://github.com/shehu0/RootMultiNest.git.

Cheers,
Shehu