Root 6 Macosx El Capitan

Hi rooters,

when compiling (cmake --build . ) root 6 (root-6.05.02) under el capitan (macosx 10.11), I receive the following error message (download was performed today):

[ 39%] Built target rootcling_tmp
Scanning dependencies of target G__IO
[ 40%] Generating G__IO.cxx, …/…/lib/libRIO.rootmap
In file included from input_line_1:1:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/new:67:
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/…/include/c++/v1/__config:23:
/Users/michaelmitrovski/root/etc/cling/lib/clang/3.7.0/include/unistd.h:8:15: fatal error:
‘unistd.h’ file not found
#include_next <unistd.h>
^
In file included from input_line_4:1:
/Users/michaelmitrovski/root/etc/cling/lib/clang/3.7.0/include/assert.h:8:15: fatal error:
‘assert.h’ file not found
#include_next <assert.h>
^
Error: Error loading the default header files.
make[2]: *** [io/io/G__IO.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [io/io/CMakeFiles/G__IO.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Somehow root 6 was working for 10.10 Yosemite.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Michael

Did you run xcode-select --install after the upgrade to El Capitan? Even though the compilers still seemed to work after the upgrade, a couple of files (like the ones you mention) were otherwise missing for me.

Also make sure you have Xcode 7.0.1

I had the same problem as Michael, and I just wanted to let you all know that installing xcode 7.0.1 and (re)installing the xcode command-line tools (namely running xcode-select --install) after the OS upgrade worked for me. Thanks guys!

Hi @all,

it also worked out for me. But i have the following problem when using root in python:

import ROOT
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
File “/Users/mm/root/lib/ROOT.py”, line 24, in
import cppyy
File “/Users/mm/root/lib/cppyy.py”, line 60, in
import libPyROOT as _backend
ImportError: dlopen(/Users/mm/root/lib/libPyROOT.so, 2): Library not loaded: @rpath/libTree.so
Referenced from: /Users/mm/root/lib/libPyROOT.so
Reason: image not found

quit
Use quit() or Ctrl-D (i.e. EOF) to exit

Did you guys experience the same problem?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Michael

[url]PyROOT issues on OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

-Dom

Hi Dominique,

Thanks a lot for the answer. But somehow the solution for root 6 and compiled using cmake is not mentioned here or do I miss something?

In case it is please point me to it and if not how would the solution be?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Michael

Per above: use -Drpath=ON with cmake or non-system python. I do the latter: rpath is not only problem with system python: also debugger and other .so’s.

-Dom

Thanks a lot Dominique. This worked out!

Cheers,

Michael