To get the source of the head of the v5-20-00-patches branch do:
svn co http://root.cern.ch/svn/root/branches/v5-20-00-patches root
After obtaining the source read the file README/INSTALL (broken) (in short just do: cd root; ./configure; make).
Changes in the head of the v5-20-00-patches branch
- In GetOptions() fix parsing of script names with + somewhere in path.
- Prevent a potential infinite loop when reading the StreamerInfos.
- Repair ACLiC when the --prefix configure option is used (it could not find rootcint)
- Insure that the in-memory tree (not attached to a file) are saved as expected by revision 24454 (i.e. each basket saved separately) and prevent the printing of the misleading error message: Error in <TBasket::Create>: Cannot create key without file
- Improve the way branches are matched for a Fast Merge. Now support the case where one of the branches in the output tree in not present. Also supports the case where branches are not the same order.
- Fix memory leak in TChainIndex
- Several fixes to properly support "flushing the write basket before streaming the branch"
- Repaired TTreeSQL
- The existing code was not compatible with the change made in TTree to reduce the number of baskets in memory.
- Fixed a bug affecting the integral calculation of multi-dimensional interpreted functions
- Fix reading of very long class names from a ROOT file.