ROOT Version 4.04/02 Patch Release Notes
A new production version ROOT 4.04/02g has been released September 2, 2005.
Binaries are currently not available for patch releases.
The complete source tree for all systems (13.7 MB) is available here:
Alternatively get the source from CVS using:
cvs -d :pserver:email@example.com:/user/cvs export -r v4-04-02g root
After obtaining the source read the file
Fons Rademakers, for The ROOT Team.
Changes in version 4.04/02g
- When reading a file produced by ROOT 3 and containing Foreign objects,
instead of reading the TStreamerInfo list each time we read an object,
we now cache it (TFile::fInfoCache).
Changes in version 4.04/02f
- Fix a problem with some embedded objects in a base class when in
a branch of a TTree which is not prefixed by the top level branch.
This problem was introduced by one of the recent updates.
- Add a missing SetParentClass() in TTree.
- Restore the DtorOnly state after 'using'. This is needed to properly
handle calling Delete() on 'nested' TClonesArray's.
Changes in version 4.04/02e
- Add locking to the Qt layer so it can work in a multithreaded environment.
Changes in version 4.04/02d
- Fix a problem in TH3::Project3D in case the option "e" is specified.
- Fix a huge memory leak in libTable.
Changes in version 4.04/02c
- Several patches necessary to properly support POOL and Reflex.
Changes in version 4.04/02b
- The new foam package was not included when building the rpm's.
- Correctly print the patch version number in the banner and splash screen.
- New methods in TROOT: GetBuiltDate() and GetBuiltTime(). The existing
methods GetVersionDate() and GetVersionTime() report now the date/time the
version was created (i.e. when "make version" is run).
Changes in version 4.04/02a
This patch repairs the tutorials treefriend.C.
In particular it solves a problem introduced by the locking
mechanism preventing infinitie recursions in the treatement
of the Tree Friend.
In the previous implementation only one lock was used for all methods
recursing through the friend (thus 2 unrelated methods were locking
each other out). The new implementation uses a different lock for
each methods. This new implementation also solves Thomas Bretz's
issue (http://root.cern.ch/root/roottalk/roottalk05/1020.html). \
ROOT page - Class index - Top of the page