Release 6.22/08 - 2021-03-12
The release notes for this release can be found here.
Several crucial bugs have been fixed; we highly recommend upgrading. This release is the only one offering Windows binaries, due to virus scanner false positive reports on older versions.
Installations in CVMFS
Standalone installations with minimal external dependencies are available at:
/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-centos7-gcc48-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-fedora30-gcc93-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-fedora31-gcc93-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-fedora32-gcc102-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-mac1014-clang100-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-mac1015-clang120-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-mac112-clang120-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-ubuntu16-gcc54-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-ubuntu18-gcc75-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-ubuntu19-gcc92-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.22.08/x86_64-ubuntu20-gcc93-opt
Example for setting up ROOT from CVMFS
The entire ROOT source can be obtained from our public Git repository:
git clone https://github.com/root-project/root.git
The release specific tag can be obtained using:
cd root git checkout -b v6-22-08 v6-22-08
Windows 10/7/… are supported. We offer two packaging types:
- exe: a regular Windows installer package also setting up the required environment variables. With uninstall via “Control Panel” / “Add or Remove Programs”. Simply download and start. You can double-click ROOT to run it; ROOT files get registered with Windows.
- tar: unpack e.g. with 7zip. Start ROOT in a Microsoft Visual Studio Prompt (in Start / Programs / Microsoft Visual Studio / Tools). If you installed ROOT to C:\root then call C:\root\bin\thisroot.bat before using ROOT to set up required environment variables.
Important installation notes
- You must download the binary built with the exact same version of Visual Studio than the one installed on your system.
- Do not untar in a directory with a name containing blank characters.
- Take the release version if performance matters.
- If you want to debug your code you need the ROOT debug build (you cannot mix release / debug builds due to a Microsoft restriction).