Release 6.26/00 - 2022-03-03
The major new features of v6.26 are:
- RooFit now comes with way nicer python interfaces and automatic GPU acceleration!
- Try distributed RDataFrame: many physicists already use it to run RDataFrame-based analyses in parallel on clusters. It now supports Dask, which means it runs virtually anywhere you want.
RDataFrame::Vary()for systematic variations within the same event loop, with a wonderful, simple interface.
- SOFIE can take your trained ONNX model and generate blazingly fast C++ code from it, depending only on BLAS.
TBrowseris now using ROOT’s new web-based graphics and GUI! You can always switch back, but we’d love to hear your feedback!
The release notes for this release can be found here.
Installations in CVMFS
Standalone installations with minimal external dependencies are available at:
/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/arm64-mac116-clang120-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/arm64-mac122-clang130-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/x86_64-centos8-gcc85-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/x86_64-fedora32-gcc103-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/x86_64-fedora34-gcc112-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/x86_64-mac1015-clang120-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/x86_64-mac116-clang120-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/x86_64-mac122-clang130-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/x86_64-ubuntu18-gcc75-opt /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/app/releases/ROOT/6.26.00/x86_64-ubuntu20-gcc93-opt ## Git The entire ROOT source can be obtained from our public Git repository:
git clone https://github.com/root-project/root.git
The release specific tag can be obtained using:
cd root git checkout -b v6-26-00 v6-26-00 ~~~
Windows 10/7/… are supported. We offer two packaging types:
- exe: a regular Windows installer package also setting up the required environment variables. With uninstall via “Control Panel” / “Add or Remove Programs”. Simply download and start. You can double-click ROOT to run it; ROOT files get registered with Windows.
- tar: unpack e.g. with 7zip. Start ROOT in a Microsoft Visual Studio Prompt (in Start / Programs / Microsoft Visual Studio / Tools). If you installed ROOT to C:\root then call C:\root\bin\thisroot.bat before using ROOT to set up required environment variables.
Important installation notes
- You must download the binary built with the exact same version of Visual Studio than the one installed on your system.
- Do not untar in a directory with a name containing blank characters.
- Take the release version if performance matters.
- If you want to debug your code you need the ROOT debug build (you cannot mix release / debug builds due to a Microsoft restriction).